Sketch by Will Kemp, whilst eating gelato in Rome
Step-by-step Online drawing instruction course
I’m developing a New Absolute Beginners Drawing Class to help aspiring artists to fulfill their creative potential.
If you’re here from Lateral Action – 7 ways learning to draw can improve your productivity then hello!
The reason I’m creating this easy to follow, on-line video course is to help frustrated artists find a way to express themselves by drawing with confidence.
With over 3 hours of tuition from Will, you can go on a creative journey to discover that you can pick up a pencil, wherever, whenever and actually start drawing…
As a teacher the 3 most common drawing problems students come to me with are:
1. I can’t draw
- It is a myth that artists are born being able to draw, it is a skill that can be learnt.
- Filmed in real time with simple lessons. Revisit each lesson as many times as you need until you ‘get it’
- Erasers are not the enemy, in fact, they can be key in shaping your work.
2. I don’t know what to draw!
- Downloadable high-resolution images to work from
- Compositions and perspective made easy with Will to give the best results possible
- Stops procrastination by giving you 6 bite-size video tutorials that produce successful results alongside home-study worksheets.
3. Lack of time
- Clear time indication on each lesson so you can be productive in your creativity.
- Access it anywhere, computer or download to your ipad
- No planning needed, everything has been worked out to produce the best results in the shortest amount of time
Learning to see
I know what you’re thinking… Sure.. you’ve taught some people to draw but they were already o.k and I’m really bad…I mean so bad I draw stickmen and even they’re wrong.
Well, I can tell you if you can sign your name, drive a car or catch a ball, then you can learn to draw.
It is not the ‘holding the pencil’ or ‘choosing the right paper’ it’s a question of learning to see, really see.
What will I learn on this course ?
In my opinion drawing success comes down to 3 specific things, shape, simplicity and structure.
I want to focus on a very specific, yet simple set of principles that will give you instant results and give you the confidence to say ‘I know how to draw that’, even if your practical skills haven’t yet caught up with your new drawing knowledge.
The pleasure of drawing is in the adventure itself.
I hope to show you there is even pleasure derived when dealing with the pitfalls, the near misses and triumphing over perspective.
I can’t tell you how many drawings I’ve done that I thought were perfect at the time but on reflection, my vision was somewhat distorted but how happily absorbed I’ve been in their creation and how thrilling it is to see something clearly for the first time and say, ‘I’ve never seen that before!‘
- Shape – by focusing on the shapes of the objects (and more importantly the shapes between the objects) you will be able to view drawing a subject with a whole new outlook and focus.
- Simplicity – I’m keen on you getting results. So I want to concentrate on simple subjects and drawing techniques that will teach you the fundamentals of drawing yet still be very powerful when used together.
- Structure – by delivering each consecutive lesson you will have a step-by-step structure that is easy to follow, without being overwhelming. Each lesson is split into 2-3 smaller sections alongside worksheets and drawing assignments.
I’ve taught drawing for over 10 years and all my students have had amazing journeys, from going on to study Fine Art Degrees to selling their work.
But what all of them gained was a new outlook on the world (and a holiday album full of sketches rather than photos.)
If you’re interested in joining me on the Absolute Beginners Drawing Class then Click here to learn more.