Get your pencil case ready and sharpen your brushes, as I’ve been busy in the studio adding the finishing touches to a NEW Acrylic Still Life Painting Course.
In Sunlight & Shadows, we focus on a couple of sunlit terracotta plant pots against a lovely pink wall. Vibrant hues and the mesmerising play of colourful shadows can add so much more variety and intrigue to a composition; imagine capturing the essence of these elements and bringing them to life on your canvas.
Shadows can totally transform a scene. We sometimes think of them as dark, but they don’t have to be dull.
I’ve developed this painting course to teach you the skills and techniques to create a stunning painting. We’ll cover the preparation of your surface, drawing out, exploring colour groupings and blocking-in.
Discover the secrets of a split primary palette, enabling you to achieve the widest range of hues and expand your colour knowledge.
Create an illusion of reality, turning a form following the light fall and experiment with slow-drying acrylic mediums to manipulate and blend colours with ease, enhancing the realism of your painting.
You’ll learn about underpainting, using warm and cool colours to evoke a sense of natural light. When painting the greenery, we mix colour strings and observe value and colour shifts, most importantly, looking at the concept of how the shadows are key, actually as important as our main subject.
Working through this acrylic still-life course, you’ll learn to capture depth, richness, and texture while learning classical painting techniques.
And in the bonus Lesson, The Palette Knife Edition, we start to simplify it even more, learning how to expertly wield a palette knife, adding texture, expression and freedom to your artwork!
What’s in the Course?
- 1 x Terracotta Pot Still Life subject from start to finish, based in the studio working from a reference image.
- 1 x BONUS palette knife edition.
- 6 LESSON COURSE, study at your own pace (with lifetime access to these recordings)
- Step-by-step instructional videos so that you can follow along at your own pace.
- Each stage is a detailed yet easy-to-follow process.
- DRAWING TEMPLATE – line drawing to follow to help you overcome the blank page
- LIFETIME ACCESS to video lessons, download on separate devices, keep forever.
- Downloadable Tools and Materials List
- Downloadable jpeg reference images and reference line drawings.
- Printable Class materials list, over 3+ hrs of detailed video instruction.