Beginners Acrylic Impressionistic Seascape Course
Whether you’re just learning how to paint or wanting to gain confidence in a new medium.
Many of my students struggle to create landscape paintings that have that ‘impressionistic’ quality and gestural brush marks.
I want to help you achieve your true potential as an artist, so I’ve created a comprehensive 1 1/2 hour downloadable video course (this is not a DVD– it is a downloadable movie file with PDF reference photo) to teach you the secrets of stunning landscapes.
The Acrylic Impressionistic Seascape Course takes you through, step-by-step how to create a lovely painterly seascapes using classical painting techniques with Acrylic Paint, alongside a material list.
Simple Step-by-step Beginners Acrylic Painting Course
Part 1. Painting with a Limited Palette
- Start using 2 colours and white to establish a classical underpainting.
- Learn how Acrylics can be painted thinly like Watercolours and thick Impasto like Oils.
- Loose free-flowing brush marks to create an impressionistic feel.
In Part 1, you’ll use a limited palette of just 3 colours plus white, anyone can do it!
Not only will you learn how the Old masters started their paintings but you will also discover how to create an impressionistic feel in your work using only 2 brushes!
Part 2. Introducing Vibrancy and detail
- How to choose the right pigments to add vibrancy to your painting
- See how easy it is to change the mood of your painting with Acrylics
- Learn how to balance a tonal underpainting with a vivid sky
In Part 2, we learn how vibrancy and freshness can be easily introduced, just by adding the right pigment and instantly change the mood of a painting.
Part 3. Colour Matching with a Full Palette
- Mastering a Full palette of 5 colours plus white
- Learn how to mix and match colours accurately
- How using the ‘right’ white in your painting can make a big difference
In the final Part 3, we introduce a full palette and learn the process of mixing and matching accurate colours using our reference photo as our guide.
This skill is invaluable and will set you in good stead for any future painting you do.
The 3 stages of the painting
Developing your artists style
When you’re first learning to paint you can often get distracted by the details, by taking an impressionistic approach it can help you to ‘loosen up’ and create expression in your paintings.
The problem with learning to paint is, where do you begin when you’ve got so many ideas but don’t know where to start?
So when you attempt your first painting more often than not, you use too many colours – too soon, resulting in paintings that fall short of your expectations.
The acrylics dry too quickly and you just can’t get the blending or the colour mixing right.
What’s worse, you don’t know how to fix it.
This 3 part video will provide you with a great introduction to creating professional, expressive, impressionistic seascapes in Acrylics.
Here is a couple of recent quotes from my students:
“I bought Wills seascape lesson – I have seen many artists on youtube and very few lessons unless you buy buy buy – but Will – you share more then you take my money – not only am I impressed with that – I learnt more in your seascape about colour and limited palette and tonal value then I have ever learnt from anyone. With your teaching I can go on to create my own works – you are an awesome person and artist and teacher – thankyou”
“Hi Will, I like the Seascape course and it has given me a lot of insights in the working process when painting in acrylics…I like to thank you for sharing so much valuable information, it is so generous of you! You have so much high quality advice for aspiring artists on this site and it’s just great to have found it.”
The course is £12.50 / $19.99 USD / €15
The downloads require broadband and can take about 10 minutes to download.
So how does it work?
- After clicking ‘adding to cart’ you can pay via Paypal using credit/ debit card or a paypal account.
- After a few seconds you’ll be redirected to a download page containing all the video links and Information.
- You will also be emailed your download link as a backup.
- You can then download the video tutorials onto your home computer.
- Once downloaded you can burn them onto your own DVD to play away from the computer if you paint somewhere else in the house.
- I’ve tried to make all the videos as user friendly as possible so they are designed to be watched in chronological order. This way you won’t be able to get lost.
Can I download the videos to my ipad?
On an ipad
Firstly, I would download the files onto a desktop or laptop if you have one, just so you have a copy of the files.
Then you have a couple of options, either to transfer via iTunes or to purchase an app on the ipad.
Transferring files via iTunes
Use a separate app
If you have an ipad the below video shows you the app ‘Goodreader’ you need to be able to download the video files onto your ipad. (the second half of the video talks about specifics for direct download onto ipad)
Here is a Downloading help page that goes through the process.
Please note: Without the app you won’t be able to download and save the videos directly to your ipad.
If you have an ipad the below video shows you the app you need to be able to download the video files directly to your ipad.