So you want to demystify colour mixing but the colour wheel seems daunting?
Once you understand the basic principles of colour theory you’ll grow in confidence and be able to mix the right colour every time.
I’ve compiled a reference list of posts and free video tutorials on colour mixing below, so you can easily find what you are looking for.
I’ve also included a link at the bottom of the page to a more in-depth course on colour theory & mixing using acrylics.
- How to choose a basic colour palette for acrylic painting – 5 key colours that will help you understand colour mixing
- How to choose a paint starter set for beginners – (without making an expensive mistake)
- How to choose a basic Portrait painting palette for Oils – How do you match skin tones?
- How your hairdresser can teach you to mix colour – How hue, value & saturation are the 3 keys to perfect colour mixing
- The 3 tricks of complementary colours you can learn from Van Gogh – Understanding the colour wheel
- The 8 key differences between Artist quality vs Student grade acrylic paints – is using cheaper paint holding you back as an artist?
- Are these 3 black paint myths holding you back? – Don’t use black? How your art teachers had it all wrong
- Colour Mixing Basics with Acrylic paint + video – How to match a colour with a step by step approach
- Is green ruining your acrylic paintings? + video – How to mix the perfect green with a surprising colour choice!
- How to mix pink & purple paint with acrylics + video – How to mix your perfect pink using a selection of different reds
- The hidden hues of colour mixing + video – Mixing muddy colours? You might just be using the wrong pigment
- How to balance warm and cool colours + video – How artists have used colour theory throughout history
- Acrylic Colour Mixing Course – 4 hours of step by step video tuition using traditional colour mixing techniques with acrylics